Thursday 5 January 2012

Departure

I am almost ready to leave in only five days! I have yet to try to fit everything in my 60L backpack, it is a rather scary thought. I am using these last few days to say good-bye to everyone and wrap up any last minute things that I forgot to do. I am already starting to realize how lucky I am here in Canada and I am not even in Africa yet! I am looking forward to my trip. I am starting to feel nervous and anxious, but am excited to get there safe and sound with all my belongings and be able to relax and get used to my new home for the next 2 months. I am looking forward to sharing all the little gifts that I bought for the people that I meet while I am there.

I will write once I arrive in London and have access to the internet, I will not have a cell phone until January 16th roughly and will post my number when I have it.

PS: I am having trouble viewing comments that are put on this blog, I believe you have to be a 'follower' of the blog for me to actually see the comments. If anyone knows how to fix this let me know, if not I am always available via facebook and email (ajem@live.ca).

Love,
Amanda

No comments: